Washington DC Bribery & Extortion Lawyers
If you or a loved one is the target of a federal investigation into bribery or extortion, the next critical step is seeking counsel knowledgeable in federal crimes. The Washington DC bribery and extortion lawyers of Boyle and Jasari, have extensive experience defending allegations of white collar offenses, typically referring to nonviolent, financially motivated criminal acts.
Penalties for bribery or extortion can include hefty fines and time in a federal prison. Protect your rights by retaining immediate representation. Call Attorney Dennis Boyle today and set up a consultation of your case. You can contact Boyle and Jasari, by clicking here or calling (202) 860-3007.
Why Choose Us?
White collar criminal cases are highly complex. The nature of federal law differs greatly from state law. If you have been charged with a federal crime, it is important to have a criminal defense attorney with the skills, experience, and resources to protect your rights.
Attorney Dennis Boyle has received recognition for his accomplishments, including the Nationally Ranked Top Ten Attorney’s Award, American Bar Association Award for Professional Merit, and listings in Washington DC’s Super Lawyers.
Attorney Dennis Boyle is a highly accomplished white-collar criminal defense and civil litigation lawyer with national and international experience. He has a unique perspective in white collar criminal cases, having served ten years as a prosecutor. Attorney Dennis Boyle uses his expertise to help defend cases involving Securities Fraud, Banking Fraud, Money Laundering, Tax Fraud and Evasion, Health Care Fraud, Medicare Fraud, Wire Fraud and Mail Fraud, and violations of Espionage statutes and other serious criminal acts.
Why You Need a Bribery & Extortion Attorney in Washington DC
Bribery and extortion are serious felonies under federal law. Federal prosecutors conduct extensive investigations before charges are ultimately brought. A skilled defense attorney experienced in complex federal crimes could mean the difference between federal prison and freedom.
Attorney Dennis Boyle has a comprehensive background in prosecuting and defending federal and civil matters. He builds his defense by;
- Listening and understanding his clients
- Gathering factual evidence, including interviewing key witnesses
- Retaining relevant investigators and experts
- Builds a case to dismiss
In lieu of a dismissal, Attorney Dennis Boyle is a skilled litigator in federal courts. If your case must proceed to trial, it is paramount you are represented by the expertise and skills of a Washington DC bribery and extortion lawyer. Call the dedicated staff at Boyle and Jasari, today.
What Is Bribery?
Bribery entails offering something of value to a public official to influence their legal actions or duties. Public officials may include civil servants, like judges, prosecutors, attorneys, and police officers.
Bribery can be direct;
- A public official could be influenced to award a contract or license in the briber’s favor.
- The briber could employ a civil servant’s family member to influence an award for contracts.
- A doctor’s travel expenses, sponsorship fees, and other excessive expenses could be paid for by the briber to encourage the prescribing of a certain pharmaceutical product.
Or bribery can be indirect or passive;
- A museum’s security officer could be bribed to allow access for a burglary
- A high-ranking executive could demand a bribe to promote an individual who would otherwise not be selected.
- A bank employee may accept a bribe to hand over confidential information about the bank, clients, or the contents of safety deposit boxes.
What Is Extortion?
Extortion is receiving something of value from another by threatening or causing physical or economic harm. Instigating fear is at the root of extortion, but unlike being mugged at gunpoint, it usually refers to future harm.
- An ex-spouse could threaten to release sensitive photographs unless paid a certain sum of money.
- A hacker could threaten to expose the trade secrets of a company unless paid a ransom
- A future ex could threaten to accuse their significant other of rape unless given sole custody of their children
Boyle and Jasari, Will Fight for Your Rights
Like most criminal acts, conviction largely depends on intent. If you or a loved one has been accused of bribery or extortion, hiring an experienced Washington DC bribery and extortion attorney can have a profound impact on your case. Call the exceptional defense lawyers of Boyle and Jasari, today and protect your rights. Contact us for an evaluation of your case by clicking here or calling (202) 860-3007.